- Elizabeth Emanuel, the designer who, with her husband, designed Princess Diana's wedding gown in 1981, has launched a crowdfunding campaign on investment site crowdcube.com in an effort to expand her line, Art of Being. My big, big dream is to create a luxury brand and commercialize on the fact that I was known, globally, albeit through Diana’s dress,” the designer said. Emanuel is looking to raise $1.2 million, $48,000 of which has already been donated.
- The latest trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 is here. Watch Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss prepare for battle below.
- Who's in charge of the Victoria's Secret Angel's locks for the big fashion show? ghd, which creates hair tools such as straighteners and curling irons, will partner with the lingerie brand for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show for the second year in a row.
- Who's Hedi Slimane's latest rockstar muse? Rumor has it he's close with Sunflower Bean lead singer Julia Cumming, who has already walked the designer's two most recent runways at Saint Laurent.
- A new study shows that your brain has a tendency to choose high-calorie foods: "Consumption [of high-calorie foods] is largely governed by the anticipated effects of these foods, which are likely learned through experience," says neurologist Alain Dagher.
- Sébastien Jondeau opens up about his role as both Karl Lagerfeld's bodyguard and the face of Lagerfeld's menswear line: "Maybe I’m too much around Karl, but I know he needs it. With him, people are not that aggressive. You just have to be careful with someone who could be crazy.” How does the Kaiser himself feel about his protege? “It’s like you’re photographing your son.”
- The future of Zara is looking bright, indeed: the brand is, according to Retail Week, "the world's biggest clothing retailer" and is looking to install everything from mirrors for virtual try-ons to self-service and mobile checkouts.
Posted from : http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/fashion-designers/elizabeth-emanuel-crowdfunding-102114