We have run a CrowdFunding Contest since 2009 to find the best definitions of CrowdFunding.
We created the following whiteboard animation video that as of today is the number one video on YouTube under "What is CrowdFunding". Following is some of the responses we have collected and received. Email us your CrowdFunding Idea and input.
- To empower entrepreneurs to create extraordinary wealth while creating a world of abundance.
- Grassroots financing through community loyalty
- Investing our own money in emerging private companies with SEC permission
- CrowdFunding: Permits small private offerings to large numbers of unaccredited investors
- CrowdFunding: Accelerate your rate of innovation
- Connecting people with talent, ideas, and stuff to sell to those that have the funds to send their way.
- Capitalize Your Network
- CrowdFunding through CrowdSourcing connects people who have needs of the people who can fulfill them
- An innovative way to raise funds and awareness for creative ventures (CrowdFunding)
- The ability to submit your work to be selected for tangible creative opportunities
- Solution to the problem of "access to finance" for people that are looking to do something in this world
- CrowdFunding: Harnessing the power of the masses
- Solicit "Working Capital" from non-accredited investors
- Collecting smaller sums of money from a large number of donors to generate a big pool of cash, but also a deep well of emotional investment from those voters.
- Crowd Funding is an open system, what Linux did for the Internet and Google, CrowdFunding will outperform the ability of current closed-system capital formation mechanisms
- Crowd Funding is a new way to get working capital for new initiatives from many small investors instead of lending institutions and angel investors.
- Bridging the gap between the crowd and a great idea.
- Entrepreneurs seek guidance and funding for their startups.
- People want to be part of the next big thing.
- CrowdFunding is akin to asking your Facebook friends to help fund your venture — but the social sphere is much larger.
- CrowdFunding provides an additional option to get needed capital. In exchange, the company usually offers goods or products at a discount.